Sunday, July 11, 2010

I Lied

So I lied. It’s true I’ve been wrapped up in political philosophy lately, but there are some things I can’t stay away from. I haven’t been reading fiction in awhile, but I’ve gone back to those old stories. I knew what I need to do with that book which was basically tear it apart. It came from collecting my monkey stories. I realized all those other stories belong with them. I read one of those stories, and I think of all the others I have to write, and I’ve been doing that. The running and the biking has helped.
Today I had my first drink in a week, not that that’s some sort of accomplishment, but not drinking has helped me focus on other things, and for now I’m just not interested in drinking. Now if some beautiful woman were to show up with a bottle of wine, I wouldn’t say no, but aside from that I’ve been making some real progress the past week, more so than in the past few months. Well, that’s about it for the night I have to get up early and run tomorrow.

No comments: