Monday, November 24, 2008
The first this season.
I had another marriage proposal from a prospective father-in-law. It hasn’t happened for about a year because last season I was involved, but on hearing that I’m single, many men with single daughters offer them up for the sake of fishing. I count them to amuse myself. The season before last it was 5, and I let them know what number they are; a great way to make a joke of it and get out of anything more serious because half of them are actually serious. A son-in-law with a fishing lodge is a great catch (sorry I just noticed the pun), though they have no idea what I’m really like. Only about 5 out of 100 ever see that I have tattoos because they come back early and see me running without a shirt on. They all see me as the hunting, fishing, beer drinking sort, well some of that is right, but the other parts they wouldn’t like. They wouldn’t like my views on god, the government, and such. When I tell them I like to read they leave me books I would never read promptly putting them on the take a book leave a book shelf. I think I have 6 copies of River of Doubt, which I have yet to read. Hell I’m already in the Amazon, why read about exploring it? The guy who proposed his daughter to me today wouldn’t let me read on the way up here because he was telling me about what god has done for him and how I should read this book he is reading. If I weren’t working, I would say what I really thought, but no, I just smiled and tried to find a way to make it end, dear god let it all end, but no boat crash saved me from that conversation. Next time I’m leaving my head phones in while I read, and maybe I will buy a wedding band, so people will stop bothering me. Lying is more amusing than telling the truth anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment