Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Leaf

I woke up in a shade of grey. In my dream I had been in love, and when I awoke, I was not. Last night I read again for the first time in months. I recovered some of my poems because a good friend had been safe guarding them. That was one small victory in a long string of defeats. It didn't make me feel the tide was turning, it just made the losses stand out sharp in contrast to that old battered folder. None of my other writing survived. Things can always get worse it seems. After losing my job, not recovering any back pay, and selling all of my books and camera, I thought nothing worse, but worse is always a possibility. Without the comfort of my books or anything else, I feel like a leaf blown around in the middle of the street with no where to go. Today is all about figuring out. Maybe I should let the wind take me where it will. Maybe I'll be gone tomorrow. Who knows? I'll send you a postcard if you like. Maybe it will reach you.

No comments: