Friday, September 26, 2008
The Village Kids
Why they decided this I don’t know, but yesterday all the kids from the employee village took to following me around as I was moving fishing equipment. Maybe it was the combination of a shirtless man who is whiter than anyone else there (I’m still working on my tan) with many tattoos, maybe it was that I was using the Kawasaki mule (the only one at the lodge), maybe they find me curious because I run every evening, which no one else does, or maybe they wanted to ask about my ex-girlfriend who used to run the daycare. Whatever I was, it made me feel uneasy to have 18 little eyes watching whatever I did. One of the little girls rode her bicycle after me as I drove along, and one of the older boys ran after me even following me into the tackle shed as I was stacking rods. Now I have nothing against kids, but I’d rather them not surround me in large numbers, 2 is about my limit, and also, since I didn’t have any of them, I don’t feel like I should have to deal with them or entertain them in any fashion. If by some chance adventure, I do have kids, I will take care of them, but don’t ask me to take care of yours. Sorry about the rant. Tomorrow I will tell more monkey stories. I promise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment